Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,216
Re: Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

nordilux wrote:

Head over to fredmiranda and check the Canon forum > they have a lot of BIF shooters on that site in general and some of the images I've seen are spectacular.

I don't shoot BIF or big lenses, no experience with Sigma glass or adapters, so I cannot not really help, but I would suggest to give it some more time and experiment with AF settings and tracking options, use mechanical shutter, etc.

Indeed over at FM's site there are probably a hundred or more shots razor sharp and perfection all taken with R5 or R6 bodies. There's no compromise with that RF100-500 even with the 1.4x on it. Not sure how anyone can criticize it.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow