M1 Macbook Air & Photoshop question

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 16,320
Re: M1 Macbook Air & Photoshop question

LakeSuperior1 wrote:

tedwill48167 wrote:

I have used the new 13 inch MacBook Pro MI for a couple of months now. It's an order of magnitude faster than my 7 year old MBP and my ThinkPad. It works very fast for single photos and batch. Very fast. It fits very easily in a small bag or backpack. It makes no noise and does not have a fan and generates very little heat. I'm using Photoshop, Lightroom and ACR.

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for.

Actually it's the M1 Macbook Air that does not have a fan. The M1 Macbook 13 has one, though it seldom comes on, because the system on chip generates very little heat. See the Maintenance section of this review:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-2020-Laptop-Review-The-entry-level-Pro-also-gets-the-M1-performance-boost.510883.0.html

I bought M1 Macbook Air to replace an old Samsung tablet, because price was only a bit higher than a new tablet. I'm not a Photoshop user, but I can say DxO PhotoLab runs Deep PRIME noise reduction 2-3x faster than my 2014 Macbook 15.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow