VC shaking Tamrom 24 70 G1 + Rp

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jotoco Regular Member • Posts: 152
VC shaking Tamrom 24 70 G1 + Rp

So, i bought a second hand Tamron 24 70 f2.8 VC di USD g1 and intermittently it will shake the VC.

Here is a video of me following my daughter around. As soon as we enter the house it happens.

https://youtu.be/IwB669eL6aI

It will occur semi often and randomly. Can occur during photos as well.

I use the viltrox ring adapter and couldn't find a way to download a new firmware to try to upgrade, the site is unreachable for me in multiple devices and connections.

I don't know if this lens has the ability to upgrade firmware, it doesn't seem to have a USB and I don't have access to a dock, if that exists.

Does anyone have this combo? Is this an incompatibility or plain lens defect? I have a few days to send it back still, but if it is solvable I would want to keep it as it seems to be a nice lens.

Edit: forgot to add, it happened once on my 7d. I put it there to test it natively. But was very hard to reproduce. Kept trying to make it happen again but only occurred once and i wasn't taking video or photos.

Jotoco's gear list:Jotoco's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow