Saturday High Res sunrise... Em1ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stephent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,130
Saturday High Res sunrise... Em1ii

Hi everyone, well early to bed, early to rise they say I awakened this morning after an early night and with an hour or so until sunrise and I had a quick check outside, the stars are sparkling and a few clouds too. So I grabbed my Em1ii, tripod and filters and headed to the beach.

Some nice clouds were in the right spot and it was straight into shooting.

With the colour starting to arrive I remembered to try the High res mode this time

Well I will not be shooting this type of landscape again without using it, it works much better than I thought it would.

It gives me more wiggle room with editing and cropping, which is handy when my client, in this case my wife wants a panoramic style print.

This won't be the one but I now know I can be looser with my framing and crop it to her wishes.

An un-cropped version.

And one last Hi-res image.

With the sun up and freed from the tripod I had a poke around the rocks capturing a few more images.

With the light getting bright I took one last image of the surfers out enjoying the waves.

So I learnt a lot this morning, from now on the tripod will be getting a lot more use as the High res mode is a game changer for me.

Have a great weekend.

Stephen

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow