Is this a crazy idea? Putting K3 Inks in a 7890 (which uses HDR) with a Custom Profile

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Vogelkop Junior Member • Posts: 34
Re: Is this a crazy idea? Putting K3 Inks in a 7890 (which uses HDR) with a Custom Profile

I just went through a few weeks rescuing a 7900. It uses the sam ink as the 7890 plus green and orange.
The black and yellow were clogged ,so I hacked a driver to swap the ink to use green and orange instead.. So basically I am printing on the same colors as you are..

I got this answer, when I asked a german company about their K3 (HD) inks. Maybe it is useful for your considerations:

Q:

I own the following Epson printers that I want to refill:

r2400
P600
PRO 3800
PRO 7900 (I am not using green/orange)

Do you sell bulk ink that will fit in ALL of these printers?

Will I have to use different magenta/vivid magenta, or can I use the same?

A:
officially the printers R2400 and Pro3800 are using a Ultrachrome K3 compatible ink, the printer P600 needs a HD ink, and 7900 needs HDR compatible.
But from technical view, you can reduce it to one ink for all these printers, we recommend to use the Pigmera HD inkset. Maybe, you have to use custom icc-profiles for the printers R2400 and Pro3800, but i am not sure because we didn´t tested this ink in these printers. But i think, it will work without colorcast.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow