Painful A7Riv Learning Experience and Question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Platographer Regular Member • Posts: 422
Painful A7Riv Learning Experience and Question

Today is my last full day of vacation on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I have been shooting with my Sony A7Riv. Today I realized I have been shooting in Super 35mm crop mode since Tuesday, when I switched to it for a few short videos and forgot to switch back. Ouch. Most of my favorite photos are 26MP now. Save for a few photos of pelicans that I would have cropped anyway, this is a major negative. I was so upset when I realized this. In hindsight, there were a few times I thought the focal length seemed too narrow. To add insult to injury, I deleted all of the videos that caused this in the first place because I did not realize Sony stores them in a different folder than the photos.

Both of these painful mistakes are a result of my switch from the Panasonic S1, which stores videos and photos together and has full-sensor video without pixel binning. Is there a way to prevent this from happening again (other than just not forgetting to switch off Super 35mm mode and retrieve the videos from a separate folder)? Does the auto mode for Super 35mm switch to Super 35mm for video, but not photos?

FinePix S1 Panasonic S1 Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eay
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow