Help with Mac OS mail issue

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 8,120
Re: Help with Mac OS mail issue

CMCM wrote:

I have a 2010 MB Pro that I'm still using for a lot of things. Here is what I want to do:

* Move one particular email folder with all its years of email over to my newer MB Pro. I'd like to be able to copy the folder to a USB drive and then copy the folder from there to my new MB Pro.

Can I do it like this? How would I get that folder to show up on the side bar of the new MB Pro just like it is on the old one? Are there any hidden files that would go along with it?

Other possible complication. This folder currently lives in the Apple mail of my 2010 MB Pro which is using OS 10.11.6. The newer MBPro has High Sierra on it.

I've read a few things online, but they seem designed to move the whole mail thing over rather than just one particular file like I'm trying to do.

The only other thing I can think of to do is forward each email to myself so it will show up in my current email, then create another folder on my newer Mac.

Suggestions appreciated!

Been a long time since I used a system that old, but maybe export it? https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/import-or-export-mailboxes-mlhlp1030/mac

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow