RF 85mm F2 MACRO IS STM
A <= 14mm prime for equal fuji lens price

vs

FUji X-S10 body for the moment
XF 23mm f/1.4 R
XF 56mm f/1.2 R
XF 14mm f/2.8

Purpose of usage
Covering small events professionally. like low budget birthdays and office functions where all the equipment will be used with 2 bodies. (may rent another body and buy later)

Another purpose is travel photography where mostly one lens and one body will be used.

The Advantage of Fuji in my opinion in order
Totally smaller system when we take two bodies and lenses.
Better dynamic range than RP

The Advantage of Canon in my opinion in order
Bayer sensor, I only use Adobe camera raw. no plan to switch.

Close focusing ability with same lens.
Although RP has less IQ, future canon bodies will have great potential of IQ than APS-C of Fuji

I'm leaving X-S10 IBIS as Both Canon lenses has IS
PS: Although i don't have intention of choosing different lenses. Autofocus speed matters when choosing among these two.

Is there a reason you aren’t considering a Sony body for the AF performance, which is especially useful for events? Sony FF bodies are slightly more than the RP but it competes with the R6 and there are many more budget friendly lenses. I think at this moment in time you have to be a pro to justify the lens prices in the RF system.

If it’s just between these two bodies, my vote would definitely go to the Fuji. When I tried the Canon RP I found it to be really sluggish and I can’t imagine trying to capture “the moment” with one. I’ve shot events with the x-t20 before and it was a joy.

Lumpysaurus's gear list:Lumpysaurus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Sony a5100 Sony a7 II Fujifilm X-T20 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow