Vintage lenses for Sony a7iii (probably GAS)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kesariraju Junior Member • Posts: 34
Vintage lenses for Sony a7iii (probably GAS)

Hi all,
I recently bought a SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4(m42 screw mount) and adapted it to my Sony a7iii. I really love the pics from it and really like the manual focus. I heard in reviews that, this was initially produced to challenge the Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4. But I am unable to identify which lens is this exactly, when I search for the vintage Planar lens, I am only getting results for Contax Carl Zeiss Planar lens which is not the correct one considering the timeline. So could anyone please share more details about the lens I am looking for? Also is it a good thing to adapt the EF mount version of this? 
Also I am looking into buying more vintage lenses,  I am getting addicted to manual focus and shooting this way seems slow and fun (must be the stress due to covid lock down). The current issue is that there are a lot of 50mm vintage lenses, but not many reviews or suggestions regarding 35 mm. Not exactly vintage but read good things about
Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2, are there any similar vintage lenses?
Also few other lenses I am looking into are Minolta 50mm f/1.7, Olympus 50mm f/1.8, already have Nikon 50mm f/1.4(which will never leave my Nikon FM).

kesariraju's gear list:kesariraju's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Sony FE 85mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow