Dreaded "lens error" on my G7X mark II

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Confusedabit Senior Member • Posts: 1,733
Re: Dreaded "lens error" on my G7X mark II

tkbslc wrote:

CaNikonianite wrote:

I had in mind to replace it with the G5X mark II but this has soured me against the G-line. Such a small camera with small internal parts, I can't have a camera that's so damn delicate.

It's always been a major weakness of compact cameras with zoom lenses.

If you are going with a system camera, you might consider micro 4/3. The sensor is larger than the one in 1" compacts, but there are some truly tiny options with regards to lenses.

But then if you buy a m43 lens it could cost the same as a compact and still fail or fill up with fungus. Not sure if compacts merit it as a 'major' weakness.

The lenses in m43 giving the wide angle, reach and speed of the G5X are not tiny.

The 12-32 is a handy lens but half the reach of the Canon and the Olympus 12-45mm Pro is expensive and not particularly small. The other compact zooms start at 28mm equivalent.

I use a G5X Mk I as there is nothing really to match it with my m43 kit and the G5X Mk II has even more reach.

Confusedabit's gear list:Confusedabit's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-PL8 Fujifilm X-T20 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow