Content Fill (Photoshop MacOS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
gscotten
gscotten Senior Member • Posts: 2,101
Re: Content Fill (Photoshop MacOS)

maggiemole wrote:

I always have problems filling in the new space created by distorting an image. It has been so for several versions of PS and I should have asked the forum about it earlier. I select the new space with the magic wand, go to Edit/Fill/Content Aware, choosing the Normal blend. The newly coloured space is surrounded by a dark dashed line which I can remove by cloning, in theory. The new colour is sort of OK, but in the case of plain blue sky it is a distinctly different shade, and cloning does not solve the problem.

I've tried searching Google for help but they never mention this problem, which hints that I am doing (or not doing) something really stupid. Please, why is this happening? Even the dashed line seems that it should not be there. Thanks!

Of you use the Magic Wand, I get better results by increasing the Tolerance setting slightly. My default is 10, and that usually works fine. Checking Color Adaption in the Fill box helps with the sky matching.

Skip's method of increasing the selection works, too.

-- hide signature --

George

gscotten's gear list:gscotten's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow