What would you choose...Nikon D500 OR...?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bjm_photos
bjm_photos Junior Member • Posts: 32
What would you choose...Nikon D500 OR...?

Hi all

I currently have a Nikon D500 with the Nikon 200-500mm, Nikon 300mm f4, Sigma 105mm, Sigma 17-50mm & Nikon 50mm 1.8.

My main areas of interest for photography are wildlife and macro. I am by no means a professional, but I am passionate about my hobby and if I could sell prints, then that would be a brucey bonus.

I have been tinkering with the idea of a mirrorless system but there are just so many choices on the market, my head is swimming! My natural choice would be the Nikon Z6ii but reading reviews, it just doesn't seem like it will perform as well as the D500. Sony seems to be the place to go for mirrorless.

So, this is where you come in! What would your recommendations be and why? Have you made the leap from D500 to mirrorless and been happy with the choice (specific to wildlife photography). I am looking at a budget of +/- £2k.

TIA

bjm_photos's gear list:bjm_photos's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR +2 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow