***Mini Challenge #614*** The results thread and HMs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 5,882
***Mini Challenge #614*** The results thread and HMs

Thank you to all the contributors for an excellent group of images, whether exhibits or entries. It has been fun and interesting reviewing them.

Let us start with the honourable mentions, in no particular order

First up is the very talented ParietalPenguin (Thanks to Google I now know that parietal as an north American adjective means "relating to residence in a college or university dormitory and especially to visits from members of the opposite sex"...who knew??).  Karen submitted three gorgeous exhibits and this is my favourite.  My desire to get something similar means that I have actually ordered some sunflower seeds. Thank you Karen.

KBtinto.  I have no idea whether K is Keith or Kate so KBT it is.  If any one person has really encouraged me to shoot more black and white photographs it is KBT who continually astonishes me with images, both in mini challenges and in the weekly show and tell thread.  KBT combines technical cleverness with a real eye, an ability to "see" an image which I envy.  As a result we get these beautiful almost film noir images, almost, as I have said elsewhere, Hitchcockian in style.  Fabulous.  This is my favourite of three wonderful photographs.

Vitalisvitalis is another contributor who has a photographic style I enjoy, particularly providing wonderful examples of minimalism as it applies in photography.  Vitalis is a master of his craft.  And all of his images encourage me to want to know more..."what is actually going on here?....and not knowing has me creating stories to go with them

NZscott is next.  Again three lovely images.  Here we have "legs", A simply stunning image of the handsome dude, I think it is wonderful.

And Jerry045.  It is all Jerry's fault I have an RX10 Mark 4, he literally forced me to buy one. Fantastic.  He gets a fabulous tune out of our favourite camera and this super detailed hummingbird deservedly gets an HM.  Well done Jerry. The state of the wretched virus here in the UK means that I have recently cancelled our April holiday in the Caribbean.  Hopefully we will get there later in the year, until then I will live vicariously through the wonderful images you get of these beautiful creatures.

Places up next.
Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow