Regarding HDMI video output options w/external recorder

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
okamiueru New Member • Posts: 1
Regarding HDMI video output options w/external recorder

I've been really keen on investing into a Nikon Z6 II as a hybrid camera. I'm also considering to use a external recorder to have some better monitoring, and also possibly more flexibility when color grading the 10 bit nLog output.

However, reading through the user manual of the Z6II and Z7II regarding the output HDMI options. Considering, say, a Ninja V to be used in conjunction, it seems that the cameras will not be able to output 4k @ 60p or 1080 @ 120p through HDMI. And as a result, an external monitoring and recording setup will only be usable with 4k @ 30p or 1080 @ <100p.

For people who use the Ninja V recorder for monitoring (which supports recording of both 4k@60 and 1080@120), am I correct in my understanding that it cannot be used for recording say 1080 @ 120 fps on the Z6II? Does it allow internal 8bit 120 fps recording, while at the same time sending an (any bit, any fps) HDMI signal for monitoring? Do you have to switch back and forth between external and internal recording mode depending on if you shoot slow-motion or not?

Are there any speculation for whether this is a limitation of the HDMI controller chip, the processing chips or memory busses, and thus something that will never be improved through future firmware updates?

Thanks for your time.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow