Sony Color-Grading Advice?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoKBKLYN New Member • Posts: 15
Sony Color-Grading Advice?

Hi All,

After a year, I love (almost) everything about my Sony a6600. I switched from Canon and currently "dating" a Fuji. After my experience, I can't help but feel color grading Sony images and footage is a bit challenging. (I do my best to get white balance, exposure right in-camera, too.)

So, I suppose what I'm asking is ... is it just me? And any tips/tricks/advice?

Other than this issue, the a6600 is my ideal camera between weight, feel, functionality, lenses ... It's simply getting the "look" that I want to achieve that I find more complicated compared to what I've experienced editing Canon and Fuji video/photos.

It's become my dedicated vlogging camera, but I wish I could rely on it for photos as well. (I default to my Canon and Fuji for photography) But again, the out-of-camera photo quality seems a bit "off" and difficult to correct compared to the other cameras.

ETA: The Fuji X-t4 is tempting me to trade all of my Sony gear in since it seems like it ticks all my boxes ... but I'd really like to make it work with Sony.

Thanks in advance

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow