"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 493
Re: Bag description from Vanguard site

Chris R-UK wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

So what constitutes a bag being good for "carrying" a kit around? What does that even mean? I have owned a Lowpro sling bag for years, why is that better than the Vanguard for carrying gear around?

You tell us since you have both bags.

Fill up the sling bag with your normal equipment then go out for, say, half a days shooting.. Then put the same equipment in you Vanguard bag and go out for another half days shooting. Try it with and without a car.

That defeats the purpose for me. That's the point, i don't like to carry my bag while im actually taking photos. Im not a pro, i don't hike Mt Everest, and i don't shoot in the middle of a monsoon.

I have several bags which I use for different types of days shooting or trips with different weights of equipment. I have found out what bags work best for me over the last 20 years or so, with lots of trial and error. Personally, I would only find the Vanguard bag useful if I was shooting out the back of a car, which I don't do very often. It would be useless for me as a carry on on a flight. It might be useful, though, for storing a lot of equipment at home.

I may do something similar, for ease of use. I may use my hand bag from time to time, which will fit the body+lens, another lens, batteries, and a flash. For me the difference is, im ok getting by with just my Vanguard and not having my Amazon hand bag, im not ok with just the hand bag and not the big Vanguard.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow