Better "Aerochrome" (SD1) with red/yellow/orange filters

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 18,888
Re: Film simulation - Wow!

xpatUSA wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

Film simulation as in using an appropriate HaldCLUT .png file and a compatible app such as RawTherapee. This would be instead of or in addition to filters on the lens and irrespective of dust cover in/out.

RT's write-up:

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Film_Simulation

Apparently you can roll your own!

So I did - following the instructions in the link, but not trying specifically for Aerochrome.

First, I exported an X3F IR image out of RawDigger:

Then I opened it in RT and tweaked it to taste(less):

Before I threw up, I saved the .pp3 side-car file. Gotta love that Merrill color cast at the sides.

Then I opened the "identity HaldCLUT" PNG and applied the same side-car that I just saved. The appearance of the PNG changed quite a bit so I saved it as "MyFirstCLUT" into the existing folder for the other film simulation files.

THE ACID TEST.

I reloaded the original RawDigger export and, instead of editing it, I immediately applied the "MyFirstCLUT" film simulation, voila:

At least it worked.

However, what's to stop me simply saving a side-car file(s) just for IR and applying those anyway, i.e. what's the difference ... anyone?

-- hide signature --

WYSINWIG: what you see is not what I got.

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow