Just acquired a "new to me" R, enjoying it a lot so far

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,408
Just acquired a "new to me" R, enjoying it a lot so far

I've been lurking here for a while and learning from your input (thanks)

Having recently moved from shooting Olympus (since the initial launch of the  EM-5) its been interesting returning to Canon.

I'm primarily a wind / kite surf shooter + birding and macro bugs bees and butterflies so have the m6ii and 90D. with 100-400 mk2 and 70-200 f2.8 mk2

As I am stuck indoors most of the time (a few serious medical problems + covid) and have to shoot off the "pod" (tripod or more often a sirui tripod footed monopod with gimbal ) I wanted to see how the R would handle the high ISOs needed to cope with the poor light at present.

Just been shooting through the conservatory window at Sparrows and the like at 40ft distance with up to ISO12800, I'm impressed (so much so that the 90D is  off for sale to help pay for the R)

Looking forward to getting to grips with this slightly quirky beast and hoping that the rumoured R7 may arrive some time this year

The Dunnock with ISO12800 is a massive crop, around 70% and the Sparrow interaction is ISO6400 cropped by around 40%, both processed through DXO 4 elite DeepPrime

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow