"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 21,160
Re: Bag description from Vanguard site

KAAMBIC wrote:

Phil A Martin wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote:

The Vanguard site has this description of the Divider Bag 46:

"The Divider Bag 46 is designed to keep a pro sized camera kit safe at home, in the studio or in the back of a car, ready to decant the kit you need for your shoot."

It is also designed to be used as a divider inside this Vanguard case: https://www.vanguardworld.co.uk/products/supreme-46d

Definitely not a bag for carrying equipment around.

Exactly what I said above

So what constitutes a bag being good for "carrying" a kit around? What does that even mean? I have owned a Lowpro sling bag for years, why is that better than the Vanguard for carrying gear around?

You tell us since you have both bags.

Fill up the sling bag with your normal equipment then go out for, say, half a days shooting..  Then put the same equipment in you Vanguard bag and go out for another half days shooting.  Try it with and without a car.

I have several bags which I use for different types of days shooting or trips with different weights of equipment.  I have found out what bags work best for me over the last 20 years or so, with lots of trial and error.  Personally, I would only find the Vanguard bag useful if I was shooting out the back of a car, which I don't do very often.  It would be useless for me as a carry on on a flight.  It might be useful, though, for storing a lot of equipment at home.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow