Flash Burst with G9 via Synchro socket

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
justpictures Regular Member • Posts: 131
Flash Burst with G9 via Synchro socket

Hi

Should the following solution have become common knowledge in the meantime, please ignore my post.

As I had not yet found a dependable solution for the problem mentioned in my first post a long time ago (August 2019, see below) to the Pana G9 Flash Burst Mode problem, I luckily came across a short video on you tube which showed me the solution. The guy suggested using the flash synchro socket on the G9 and connect it to a flash or trigger with a sync socket. I tried my Godox XPro O (2,5mm socket) and it works! Just as if the XPro was in the G9 hotshoe. The camera does not seem to realise that a flash is connected if the G9 hotshoe if you don't use the camera's hotshoe.

It also works for bursts for focus stacking.

I have not yet tried out all possible combinations of settings yet, but the number of flashes in burst mode seems to depend solely on the recharging time of your flash, again depending on the power required and the state of your batteries.

justpictures

-- hide signature --

hide signature --

Former post:

I am aware that there are several threads dealing with similar problems, so I just started a new one exclusively about G9 and Godox devices, as they are very common.

Here is what I have found out for my setup:

G9 (Firmware 1.3) - Godox TT685 + Godox XPro (both Godoxes for Panasonic).

I preselected the settings before finally switching on the flash and the XPro (TT685 in Slave Mode (orange light) - Settings on XPro: Manual 32 / 64 / 128 sec., others may work, too).

Proceed in this order:

1. Switch on Camera - Select Drive Mode I (High)
    2. Take a few pictures in that mode !!!
    3. Switch on TT685 in mode described above
    4. Switch on XPro in settings above

Then in most cases flash in Burst Mode I with these settings should work. I also tried P, M, A and S on the camera successfully. It seems to be essential to take a few pictures in burst mode before switching on the flash and then XPro - at least it was in my case.

It is not 100% reliable after the first try, so if it doesnÄt work, then just try again. To what extent you can change the settings of the XPro or the camera and when is something I do not quite know yet. But at least burst flash is possible with the G9.

I have not been successful yet, however, with bracketing. Good luck.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow