Better "Aerochrome" (SD1) with red/yellow/orange filters

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 18,912
Re: NIR − Lac de Gaube and Vignemale

tagscuderia wrote:

B+W 099 (550nm), image straight out of SPP: a custom gain and WB matrix applied to the X3F to make SPP do something useful − no Fringe Correction nor Colour Wheel tricks, this colour balance is mostly due to the custom RAW channel gain.

P.S. a 4:3 crop applied in PS but no colour work/editing.

The 550nm shot looks a touch dark, but this is just showing how altering the gain affects the conversion; and the usefulness of being able to work with the RAW data for the colour transform.

But with the layer overlap, and IR contamination across all of them, I'd doubt that it's possible to accurately emulate Aerochrome's hue/colour twists. For NIR landscapes however... the SD1M and 099 produce dark skies and inky water very easily, without any post-processing whatsoever!

Interesting, Tom!

The B+W 099 looks to be dichroic:

Was the SD1M dust cover removed?

Are your custom gain and WB available as Windows command-line utilities for SD15/earlier?

I have an applet from CEZEO printing but it's custom raw-RGB matrix no longer appears on my 64-bit Dell ... grump.

-- hide signature --

WYSINWIG: what you see is not what I got.

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow