"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 483
Re: It looks VERY adaptable, but >

Smaug01 wrote:

> it doesn't look like it would be convenient to access it while over the shoulder. Seems like you'd open it and everything would fall out the side. No?

Being in search of The Perfect Bag is akin to being in search of The Perfect Camera System, so I'm happy you found something that will work for everything. Vanguard was one of the brands I was looking at when I was looking for a bag for my MFT gear.

One member said it says "steal me", but It seems like it would look like a laptop computer bag from the outside, which are not generally as valuable as digicams.

What model Vanguard is it?

For my part, I tend to end up with excess bags when I buy a used camera that includes one. I'm full-up on LowePros that'll hold a body+lens and one extra lens, for example.

One of my favorites so far is a really dorky Nikon-branded shoulder bag from about 20 years ago. It's black nylon with a metal Nikon logo riveted on the front, the strap has red stripes and is barely long enough at full extension. But it has one of those dual zipper arrangements in which the zippers are connected by a nylon strap and the whole top of the bag opens and gets out of the way, and every slot is accessible while it's over the shoulder. It's *almost* as good as a sling bag.

This one is a #46, whatever that stands for, it's the 3rd largest out of 4. I do agree it's not for opening on the run, i just wanted a mother ship so to speak, a bag that will have a place for EVERYTHING in my kit and be a simple design.

I really like how it doesn't have any "pockets" or pouches ect, just a bunch of slots (save for the lid mesh slide).  I still have an Amazon Basics hand bag which could serve as an on-the-fly container with it's shoulder strap design, i just rarely shoot that way.

Perhaps im in the minority on that, i tend to decide which lens i want to use for this endeavor and go shoot and deal with that one lens. I could get a fanny pack to carry another but man, i think i'd rather carry a purse, there's just something about fanny packs i don't likeĀ 

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow