Precision Camera Disappoints Another User

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP JerseySailor Regular Member • Posts: 464
An Interesting Update (Was: Precision Camera Disappoints Another User)

JerseySailor wrote:

The PC supplied box was far too small for the SEL200600G lens. What were they thinking in shipping that lens in that small box?

After posting my original article, and sending copies to both Sony and Precision Camera (PC), I received an interesting phone call this afternoon from a senior executive at PC to discuss the problem.

She said that it was totally inappropriate for the shipping department to pack that expensive lens (or even an inexpensive one) in such a shoddy manner. She said normal procedures called for the lens to be packaged in an inner box, that then went into an outside shipping box - but someone decided to ignore that. She said that PC was taking strong steps to ensure it would never happen again.

I was most impressed that PC would reach out to me regarding this, and announce changes. She said the company changed ownership in the past year or so. She acknowledged the prior negative experiences that Sony owners had with PC in the past, but said that since the new owners took over, PC has worked to address past complaints, and live up to their promises.

Just the fact that she would spend the time to reach out to talk to me about the shipping problem was a most promising sign. Here's hoping that Sony service in the US will be getting better then in the past.

JerseySailor's gear list:JerseySailor's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow