Travel Photography Kit

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monu123 New Member • Posts: 20
Travel Photography Kit

Hello all,

I have been thinking about different systems and how well suited they are for travel. I currently use a D7000, 18-55, 55-200 as well as a portait and macro lens. I feel that the weight of this kit is simply too heavy for travel (around 3-3.5kg). However, I still enjoy the photos I'm able to get! I like how Sony has good options for a lightweight travel kit, so thats why I'm posting on this forum.

I would really appreciate peoples thoughts on these two cameras please:

- Sony a6000 series camera with 16-50 + 70-350

- Sony RX10 IV

These two cameras seem to cover relatively similiar focal lengths, and also the size and weight are quite similiar. I mainly wanted peoples opinions on whether there is a major difference in IQ between the two, because I have heard great stuff about the RX10, but also head similiarly positive reviews for the a6000 series (unsurprisingly)...

I can understand that these two cameras are quite different; one is a bridge camera, with a 1" sensor vs a MILC with a much larger APS-C sensor. However, because so many people praise how the RX10 does everything quite well, I was simply curious.

As I have a fair amount of Nikon gear, I would also like to ask if anyone here has adapted the Sony 70-350 lens onto a Nikon mirrorless camera before, e.g. Z50? Just curious as to whether the performace is similar to when its mounted on a native body. Sorry if this part should be posted elsewhere, but I thought I might as well add it in if anyone can help!

Also, what do you all prefer to use when wanting to travel light?

Many thanks.

Nikon D7000 Nikon Z50 Sony a6000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow