"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,142
It looks VERY adaptable, but >

> it doesn't look like it would be convenient to access it while over the shoulder. Seems like you'd open it and everything would fall out the side. No?

Being in search of The Perfect Bag is akin to being in search of The Perfect Camera System, so I'm happy you found something that will work for everything. Vanguard was one of the brands I was looking at when I was looking for a bag for my MFT gear.

One member said it says "steal me", but It seems like it would look like a laptop computer bag from the outside, which are not generally as valuable as digicams.

What model Vanguard is it?

For my part, I tend to end up with excess bags when I buy a used camera that includes one. I'm full-up on LowePros that'll hold a body+lens and one extra lens, for example.

One of my favorites so far is a really dorky Nikon-branded shoulder bag from about 20 years ago. It's black nylon with a metal Nikon logo riveted on the front, the strap has red stripes and is barely long enough at full extension. But it has one of those dual zipper arrangements in which the zippers are connected by a nylon strap and the whole top of the bag opens and gets out of the way, and every slot is accessible while it's over the shoulder. It's *almost* as good as a sling bag.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
-Eric Hoffer
Opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily DPR's

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +33 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow