Sky adventurer polar alignment issue

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Omid Shafe New Member • Posts: 4
Sky adventurer polar alignment issue

Hey there,

I currently use a sky adventurer pro as my main mount for astrophotography. I use an 70 mm apo refractor and Canon 6D Mark ii camera with sky adventurer and use autoguider to have best results. I do polar alignment using the App for finding the exact position of the Polaris on the polar scope of the SA. Nearly in all of my astrophotography sessions I had best auto guiding function as the polar alignment was quite well. However, some nights before my polar alignment method didn’t work. I checked the polar scope reticle many times but the Dec marker line in PHD2 dropped as soon as I started autoguiding which means significant polar alignment error. Finally I was accomplished to get an exact polar alignment using drift align tool of PHD2. After doing so, I checked the position of the Polaris and interestingly it was too far away the reticle circle. I checked the alignment of the reticle in relation with the mount and it was absolutely correct. Also I do leveling the wedge of the mount carefully but it happened again. Does anyone who use SA know what happens to the mount? Is there anything or any tips in this regard?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow