What is the primary photography use of your MFT camera?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
Dann-Oh Regular Member • Posts: 237
Re: What is the primary photography use of your MFT camera?

alcelc wrote:

Chris666666 wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

All of the above except underwater. If that happens I'm in trouble.

Rick

I had a watch which was waterproof to 50 metres, and someone told me I should have bought one good for 100 metres. I replied that if I was more than 50 metres underwater, my watch leaking was the least of my problems.

A 50m rated watch, according to wiki, means:

"Suitable for everyday use, showering, bathing, shallow-water swimming, snorkeling, water related work, fishing. Splash/rain resistant.

Not suitable for diving."

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark

For more serious water sport or skin diving, a 200m rated watch should be betted.

That seems silly considering the deepest Free Immersion Freedive is only 124m (406ft).  My scuba watch/computer is rated to 260m (850ft) but to survive that kind of depth takes a lot of money, courses, and gear. Most people don't go past 18m (60ft) and even fewer go to 40m (130ft) deep.  18m is the limit for basic/open water scuba and 40m is the limit for advanced scuba.  Going deeper than 40m is considered technical diving where you start to get into oxygen toxicity and Central Nervous System poisoning issues.

Source: I freedive and scuba dive. I am trying to decide if I want to become a scuba instructor or keep it fun and become a technical diver.

Dann-Oh's gear list:Dann-Oh's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-PL10 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow