D750 Upgrade to Z?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeBake New Member • Posts: 11
D750 Upgrade to Z?

I'm an avid hiker and backpacker. I'm currently hauling around a Nikon D750, which I'm happy with, but I want to lose the weight. I don't plan on switching brands. That said, I've been looking at the Nikon Z series. I rented a Z50 for a 4-night backpack and loved the feel, image quality, and weight. It certainly doesn't cross off everything that I desire in a camera body, but it was convenient. Of course, it's not a full-frame either. I've been eyeing the Z6ii. The new 24-70 f2.8 sounds amazing, but it's $$$$. As a Hobbyist, I'd probably opt for the 24-70 f4.0. and use some of my existing FX lenses with the adapter until my pocketbook replenishes. Would this be a step forward, or should I stick with what I have until Nikon's mirrorless systems progressess further? Thank you in advance!

SeeBake's gear list:SeeBake's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Nikon D750 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow