why do i do this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,761
why do i do this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME

I have a conundrum. I am a dual system shooter. I shoot with both Canon and Nikon. I was primarily a Nikon shooter for years but when the z7 came out and i got, the AF was trash so I decided to make the transition to Canon, for other reasons as well the AF was just the catalyst. However at the time all that was available in Mirrorless was the Canon EOS R. I shoot some wildlife so this camera was not good for that. So i kept my Nikon D500 and 200-500 lens.

Fast forward to now and this is my current setup

EOS R

RF 15-35

RF 24-105 f4L

RF 35 1.8

Nikon D500

Nikon 200-500

I shoot mostly landscapes and wildlife, however I do like to do some portraits of the kids and family. I dabble in it all really, but the focus for the last 15 years has been landscape and wildlife. Check out my flickr if you want, https://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact/

I have a budget right now of $2400. One thing I feel is I have an empty hole between the 105 and 200mm focal range. I have been mulling over the 70-200 2.8 RF. Can be had used for about 2300, i only buy used but then had some other ideas.

Option 1: Buy the 70-200 f2.8 and enjoy!

Option 2: Buy the new 70-200 F4 coming out and get a used 24-70 f2.8 to replace my 24-105.

Option 3: now this is more of a stretch as I would have to kick in some more money, but i could sell my Nikon equipment and EOS R and get the R5 and the new 100-500 lens. This would be great except i wouldn't have a great portrait lens.

I am probably overthinking this whole thing, but i just want to hear thoughts on my setup and what i would most benefit from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Aaron Smith
Wolfe Photography
www.nvwolfe.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact/

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D500 Canon EOS R Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS R5 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow