Shimoda Explore 40 Backpack Question

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Cotswolds Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: Shimoda Explore 40 Backpack Question

TheBlackGrouse wrote:

Cotswolds wrote:

TheBlackGrouse wrote:

My Mammut pack has this construction, opening it while standing is fast and easy. It's safe too, I hold the pack at the top handle with one hand, keep it almost vertical close to my body and take out the camera with my other hand. Nothing will fall out, you are less likely to slip.

Can I ask please what model Mamut you have

The Mammut Trion Pro 50, it is an older model, can still be found on the internet for instance: https://www.backcountrygear.com/trion-pro-50-7.html

There used to be a 35 liter version too, more suitable for shorter persons.

The current 50 L Trion is a bit lighter but has the backpanel access and the ski straps (to attach a tripod). Besides it has extra pockets on the side and on the shoulder straps.

However, extra pockets and less weight, maybe they use different materials. The Trion Pro is really strong. It may weigh a bit more and doesn't have the extra pocket but no way I'm gonna buy the new version. Having a side by side comparison is difficult. You might order both models and keep the one that's best for you.

Many thanks

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow