From Nikon D600 to a mirrorless system, what would you suggest?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
samanb
samanb New Member • Posts: 15
From Nikon D600 to a mirrorless system, what would you suggest?

So, one of my new year resolutions is to allocate more time for photography and to take more photos. I currently have a Nikon D600 + a Tamron 24-70 f2.8 + a Tamron 70-210 f4 + a Nikon 50 f1.8. The lenses are quite sharp and Nikon D600, even after so many years, is still a very good camera, specially in the dark.

But one problem I have is that this setup is quite heavy and big to be carried around all the time. That's why I am thinking about switching to a mirrorless camera. I want something that's a good camera and has good lenses, but doesn't break the bank. Since I am not a pro, I don't want to spend a ton of money on this.What do you guys suggest I should do? What camera system would you suggest? Nikon Z, Olympus OM-D, Sony E, etc.? I don't mind going second hand. In fact, I bought my D600 and the 50mm lens second hand and they have worked very well for me.

BTW, one thing I find very important is having 2 card slots (so not like Z50), since I once lost a card with many good photos, and I don't want that to happen again. Thanks for your suggestions and input 🙂

-- hide signature --

Saman

samanb's gear list:samanb's gear list
Sony a7 III Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow