Battery Charging Management

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 7,450
Re: Battery Charging Management

Daisuski wrote:

I have a ZII with the battery model EN-EL 15c, which I understand it the latest, fast charging type.

I’ve checked the Z6ii / Z7ii reference manual (pp 43, 44), searched various Nikon websites and generally Googled but can find no answer whatsoever to the issue of management or cycling of the battery.

Being old school, I automatically try to deep cycle any Li battery, in order to counter any memory effort and so hopefully ensure prolonged life and rapid charging. Is this correct?

It's the old NiCad's and NiMh batteries that liked to be deep cycled, not Li-Lions, Lead-acid, or LifePO4's.  Our phones are Li-Ion chemistry too so treat them well with no deep cycling if possible.

I also want to buy a power pack, for charging the camera on the move. These generally come at two charging rates (26800 mAh and 1000) but what is the best rate in order to ensure effective changing and a long battery life.

I therefore think that Li batteries haven’t changed much over the decades, if you don’t deep cycle them, or charge at the right rate, they’ll deteriorate and fail quickly. Am I correct?

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
The first digital image was made in the late '60's for NASA, as a way to record images of Mars. Each "square" was represented by three numbers, corresponding to the red, green, and blue hue on a scale of 0 to 255. This eliminated the need to ship film back to Earth.

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow