Dan Paris wins...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan Paris Senior Member • Posts: 1,024
Re: Wondering about the settings

. Just wondering why use F16 and ISO 200. The lens have some flare problems and the sunburst looks somewhat blurry.

The DFA 24-70 is not a sunburst monster like the DA15 (no currently available FF WA lens is).

F16 was to get some sunburst (even if not the best)  + for depth of field. The foreground was very close.

Could be really high quality with a big screen, if it was pixel shifted with F5.6 or F8 and ISO 100. I know that K-1 can be stellar when there is opportunity to fine tune it.

I can ensure you that there's not sharpness issue whatsoever with this picture. The diffraction penalty is minor at F16 with this lens on FF.

Regarding Pixel Shift you've no idea about  the conditions this picture was taken... I was literally scrambling and running up the mountain to reach the top at sunrise and just had few minutes to take the shot before this magical light disappeared. I also doubt that Pixel shift would have worked well with one climber + many moving clouds in the frame.

Dan Paris's gear list:Dan Paris's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow