en-el15c battery charging

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
1llusive
1llusive Veteran Member • Posts: 3,398
Re: en-el15c battery charging

Diswantsho wrote:

(b) If I want to charge the battery in camera (I am aware with my camera it must be turned off), both Nikon and online dealers only mention the EH 7P power adapter. Firstly, it seems discontinued: I cannot find a store here in South Africa that has stock, and I notice B&H marked it discontinued, pretty much same with Amazon. Secondly, I want to know if I am limited to this discontinued cable or can I use pretty much any standard cable with the appropriate USB connectors and link to a power bank, my vehicle's usb socket or a generic usb wall plug?

edit: Nikon included a nice "manual" with the battery in several languages, but that only contains warnings and disclaimers.

You do not need the EH 7P but you do need the USB-C to USB-C cable, NOT the one with a USB-A end to do Power Delivery over USB - the UC-E25. If you do not have Power Delivery (PD) capability don't even waste your time as charging will take ages.

1llusive's gear list:1llusive's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow