Sample gallery from my Z24-70 F/4 S, my new favorite walk around lens!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MustAg
MustAg Forum Member • Posts: 51
Sample gallery from my Z24-70 F/4 S, my new favorite walk around lens!

So I should open this by saying that I do too many different kinds of photography for a single lens to cut it, but that makes this all the more impressive. The 24-70mm focal length is very useful for travel/street/walkaround, the lens is lightweight (comparatively), it feels solid and nice in the hand, and it's optically excellent!!

Sharpness is great across the frame, and chromatic aberration and color fringes are practically non-existent, plus it focuses pretty close and can do basic macro work. It's not replacing my Tamron 90mm SP VC F017 (thank you for the name Tamron...) but it certainly does a remarkable job for a zoom as you can see in the pics below. AF is very good and silent, tho I needed +1 AF fine tune for my sample, and there's little in terms of focus breathing.

One thing that sometimes gets overlooked, as you can see in one pic, I was shooting in the middle of a blizzard and weather sealing was surprisingly good with my Z50 body.

To top it off, it can be had for a bargain nowadays, got mine open box for 500 bucks, but it seems the price for a standalone brand new one is a bit steep. It certainly is worth the investment tho over something like the 16-50mm F4.5-6.3, the de facto Z50 kit lens. Now I admit since I'm moving to FF soon the latter isn't an option for me, but even disregarding that, 50mm at F6.3 is borderline useless for my needs.. I mean the thing doesn't open wider than F4.5 at 16mm, that is, and I don't use this word lightly, abysmal.

Drawbacks.. no VR? But that hasn't stopped me from getting good results from it with proper technique. F4 without VR will get the same results of the VR kit lens with a bit of technique maybe. Not to mention the better zoom range.

Z50 - 24mm - F/13 - 1/60S - ISO 100

Z50 - 58mm - F/4 - 1/640S - ISO 160

Z50 - 42mm - F/14 -1/200S - ISO 100

Z50 - 70mm - F/10 - 13S -ISO 100

Z50 - 30mm - F/9 - 1/400S - ISO 320

Z50 - 59mm - F/5 - 1/60S - ISO 160

Z50 - 70mm - F/7.1 - 1/60S - ISO 100

Z50 - 24mm - F/14 - 1/200S - ISO 100

Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow