This might sound crazy but the iPhone 12 Pro Max will replace my DSLR.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Henrik72 Regular Member • Posts: 162
Re: This might sound crazy but the iPhone 12 Pro Max will replace my DSLR.

Raticus wrote:

Henrik72 wrote:

It is an intriguing idea. I was thinking the same thing when I bought the 12 pro max but for me it is not quite there yet. I want to be able to control the aperture of the lenses. I miss that. Also while the creek of the phone is great I think photos don’t look as good as video. If I edit a photo to look good on the phone it doesn’t look great on the iPad or computer.

So it doesn’t replace my main camera yet but it is close!

I have iCloud for Photos turned on. All the photos I take on my iPhone then show up on my Mac, and I edit using the Photos program on my Mac. I find this better (for me) than editing on the phone, I really need a large monitor to see what I'm doing, lol.

I also have Luminar as an extension for Apple Photos in case I want t do more with the image.

I have that too and it works but one of the benefits of using the phone as a camera is gone if you cannot edit on the phone. Yes you can edit on the phone but the image looks different on the iPhone than it does on most other screens. JPEG needs to be updated I guess.

Henrik72's gear list:Henrik72's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow