Leofoto LS-284c or LS-324c (or something else?)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,346
Re: Leofoto LS-284c or LS-324c (or something else?)

Mark Sloe wrote:

just received the leofoto ls-324c and i am happy i did not go with the ls-284c. the tripod is robust and yet compact, fits my carry-on suitcase without the need to remove the rubber feet (but those are big as well and would save additional 2.5cm). volume-wise it is smaller than my old tripod but somewhat heavier, mostly due to the head. overall, i am impressed.

the narrower than standard angle of the legs gave me a pause, but let's see how it will handle itself in use, especially in wind or water.

The leg angles in the top notches are narrower than on my Gitzo 2531 but I've found you can still open the legs up a bit, they just wont be in the notch and of course you lose a little height.  I haven't really tested  my 284cex in the field much either, but it seems very solid where I have used it.  Very happy with it.

Mike

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow