My first attempt on P950 ...and some questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 4,158
My first attempt on P950 ...and some questions

Hi

I finally picked up a P950 yesterday. I bought it primarily for bird photos. The light today is not really great but I couldn't wait to get out and try it. Here are a couple of shots of a grey heron at the bottom of my garden.

Taken NRW, Exif should show, cropped about 50% linearly (even 2000mm is not enough!), processed in DXO PL4 Prime NR

I would rather have used iso 100 as I think detail could have been kept a bit better, but with faith in PL4 I upped it to iso 400. Hopefully the weather will improve soon and let me try iso100.

Comments and helpful criticism would be good.

Now a couple of questions

Can I get rid of the image review after shooting? I lose the subject while it's in review

Is there an add on eyecup for p950? As a left eye shooter I find I am getting some light intrusion into the EVF (I can stop this with a hand over the EVF, so a rubber cup would be good

Do people use normal or active VR for telephoto shots?

I will have to get to grips with the manual, but I just wanted to get out shooting! I seems to have been only partly updated for RAW shooters. I assume much of the image manipulation stuff is not available in RAW. I will have go through and edit it.

Many thanks in advance for you help...I am looking forward to getting better and will post again...probably lots of questions!

tom

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow