Green Cay and Wako yesterday

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
snapa
OP snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,940
Joachim & Justin,

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

I meant to say that Justin can teach you how to get more BIF keepers with your A6300. After all he used that camera fora few years 😎

I actually did get Snapa set up for BIF back when we first started meeting up to shoot at the wetlands - showed him my settings, and set up his MR settings with one for BIF that he's been using. He just never really concentrated on BIF until about a year ago, so still in the early stages. BIF is one of those things that gets better and easier with experience, so no matter the camera or focus system, just getting out and panning and shooting various subjects is the only way to really get good at it.

He's definitely gotten some good results already over the past year, so is well on the way!

I noticed that snapa’s more recent BIF looked good. I also have most of your settings for BIF on my A6600 but my results are dismal since I seldom practice. And most of the places I shoot are tight and make panning difficult. Excuses, excuses

Justin did set up my a6300 about a year ago, just like his, so I started to practice BIF for about 2-3 months. I haven't tried taking any BIF since then, but here are a few I took last year. I was pretty happy with most of those shots. I guess the a6300 is still pretty good at BIF, once you practice panning enough and get real good at it, like Justin is!

I'm not planning on upgrading to the a6400 or a6600, I was simply inquiring IF those cameras were much better at BIF than my a6300, for those who have upgraded. I figured Justin would chime in, but was hoping for other opinions, besides his. I will not upgrade my camera until the successor to the a6600 is released, period, for many reasons.

My a6300 & FE 300G is more than I need until then. Although, if I do upgrade to the a6600 successor (if it ever comes(?)), I may go all the way and get the FE 100-400GM to go with it. That lens is better, and has more range which I need very often. It seems with only 300mm, I shoot at 300mm most of the time, and need to crop too much. With the FE 100-400GM, I will be able to 'Fill the Frame' and get a lot more resolution and detail, which would be very nice.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow