Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
sam12 Regular Member • Posts: 237
Re: Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

I use Fuji cameras and lenses and Canon cameras and lenses.  My number one camera for most work, birding etc is a Canon 5D3.  Operationally, af and the ability to use presets for af action is great.  However, I am at a point where I want more reach than the 5d3 can provide.  Do I buy a new lens or a new camera?  Tried the 90D a while back, it is not in the league with the 5d3 or the 7D2.  In order to stay with the Canon system and share things with my wife I decided today and bought a used 7d2.  Have had them in the past for sports.  Solid workhorse that will do the job I need.  If I was you I would get a 7d2 also.  I'm never disappointed with the 5d3 and I know the 7d2 will give me equal if not better photos.  One bit of advice, learn to use the af presets for the situations you shoot in.  They can be your best friend.  The 90d lacked these and it made a huge difference.  On youtube check out videos by Fro Knows Photos, he is very good at giving info.

Steve

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow