Better camera, better photos ???

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,013
Better camera, better photos ???

I know this might vary a lot, depending on how experienced the photographer is to begin with.

I also know that a person, especially myself, always has room to grow. But then most especially when I produce one of my best shots, I often feel like I've done "close" to what my gear is capable of, and the only thing that would make it a lot better, would be the same exact image, with better DR, and 50 or mp's of razor sharp detail.... which my camera can only do with stitching, and bracketed sets for HDR.

I do enjoy just getting out in nature, and watching beautiful scenes and sunsets + I'm an animal lover.... So I'd like to say, even if I didn't have a camera with me at all, I'd still enjoy getting out.... but then again, that would be much like going out on the lake without my fishing poles. Sure, I love being out there, but catching the biggest fish I possibly can is pretty important too.

I dunno'.... I still enjoy it, but a nice $10-15K setup would sure boost the excitement.

PS, I've never really been a victim of GAS. Typically, once every 4-6 years, I get a new camera, and 2 or 3 new lenses in one shot, then buy nothing else for another 4-6 years. Well it's been 5 years now, since I made a $6K camera gear purchase.... But I'm not really in the position to spend $10-14K on a new camera and 2 or 3 new lenses....

Do you believe a new camera + lens or three would make a big difference in your images ? Oh, and how long have you been shooting + what level is the gear your using now?

Thank You 🙂

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow