Need Help To Stop Losing Cameras (Tiles? RX100m3)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,671
Need Help To Stop Losing Cameras (Tiles? RX100m3)

I just got another Sony RX100 III, had to do so because I AGAIN lost one, I have no earthly idea where in the world it is. It's not the first time, I also lost one in 2019 (this one in fact, it was lost for over a year before I found it under my car seat only to lose it again about 2 weeks ago), I lost an NEX-3n in 2018, and lost THREE Nikon J1 in 2014 alone. Prior to that I lost a Nikon D-SLR but luckily it was still at the restaurant and I got it back. Needless to say it's an epidemic.

I need something that will help me here, basically guarantee that barring the planet being hit by an asteroid, that--automatically, as easy as breathing, very little if any effort required of me--my RX100 III just doesn't get lost. No "tracing your steps," no "double-check before you leave somewhere," but something that automatically makes sure FOR ME that I don't lose it.

Someone recommended "tiles" such as this one (link) basically they're devices which can attach to the camera and if the camera strays too far from my phone--which I almost always have on me and don't have the same issues with losing--then it will beep to remind me and it can even show me where it was last seen. I'm hoping this is something that will help, because otherwise my RX100 III arrived last Thursday but has not been taken out of the house but rather put in a drawer left there permanently, because I'm scared that if I dare to take it with me I will lose it. Such is exactly the opposite of the "carry everywhere with you" intentions of my owning one.

Tips on tiles? Anyone have any experience with them?

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow