Excited to join the Fuji family. Now which camera to chose...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChrisSilva New Member • Posts: 2
Excited to join the Fuji family. Now which camera to chose...

The first time I picked up an X100V, it ignited my passion of photography again. I was impressed of how a small camera can give high quality images. It even turned me more into a jpeg shooter. And yes, this was my first experience with Fujifilm as a Canon 5D Mark II and Leica Q shooter.

Unfortunately, I gave X100V back to my uncle since it belonged to his. And I've missed the camera so much.

After research, I'm undecided between the X100V and X-Pro 3. They both shoot great images but the X-Pro 3 seems to be more tankier than X100V. This is good because I'm going to travel ASAP once this covid is under control. I know the X-Pro 3 will handle better when I plan to walk up those mountains or harsher environments.

Some introduction of me: I was planning to quit my job and travel to many countries. I had that "Eat-Pray-Love" moment where I got tired of my job and knew there was some life out there to live. And then covid hit, and stopped all my traveling plans. Anyways, I'm confident that traveling will be safer after summer or fall 2021.

Some of the countries that I plan to visit are Columbia, Bolivia, Peru. Then Japan, Tibet, Egypt, and India. And I know the durability of XPro-3 will give me confidence to shoot when I climb those mountains, walk in the desert or other harsh weather environments.
But I do love the subtlety of X100V. It's small and causes non-disturbance on people. I'm more of street photographer, and I do ask permission people to take a portrait of them so having a bigger XPro3 wouldn't be a big deal.

Since I'm selling my Leica Q, maybe I can get XT-4 and X100V at the same time.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow