Which Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab For the X-T2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zaax
Zaax Senior Member • Posts: 1,473
Which Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab For the X-T2?

I used up my pack of Photographic Solutions Sensor Swabs but threw out the box so I don't know what I had before. I want to order more but when I look at the Photographic Solutions page https://photosol.com/faq/ I see this.

"WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENCES IN RECOMMENDED SENSOR SWAB® FOR THE SAME SENSOR SIZE OR SIMILAR APS SENSORS?

An APC sensor size can be 23.5 x 15.7 mm, 23.6 x15.6, 23.5 x 14.9mm or ???) But the baffle surrounding the sensor (used to mount to camera body) varies in its dimensions. So while you may have one body with enough room surrounding the sensor to accommodate at 24mm swab, a baffle with less surrounding space may only accommodate a 20mm swab, etc.

We recommend using the swab size closest to the actual sensor size to get the maximum sensor coverage possible. In many cases, depending on camera maker, the best choice may be using a swab which is just a fraction of a millimeter too large to fit perfectly straight along a sensor edge. In this case, you’ll have a choice of using a smaller swab ( and not covering the entire sensor) or using the larger one (and having to “tilt” the swab such that it does not fit perfectly up/ down or left / right. Usually, the tiny area left uncleaned is outside the image forming area. You will leave a small triangle untouched, so on the way back, you have the other side of the swab angled and both ends get covered, leaving a very tiny triangle with its point in the center of the very edge on either side.)"

But when I look at this https://photosol.com/swab-size it says that Type I and II will work.

I thought that all Fuji APS-C sensors were the same size.

Which is the correct one for the X-T2 sensor, (23.6 x 15.6 mm)?

Zaax's gear list:Zaax's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus FE-20 (C-25 / X-15)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow