Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 485
Re: "One bag to rule them all....."

Phil A Martin wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

Phil A Martin wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

It looks fine for storing equipment at home or in the boot of a car but looks totally impractical for use in the field. I prefer something like the Billingham bags, I have four, all different sizes depending on the type of cameras I'm carrying and/or the quantity. Top loading reporter style bags, other brands have similar.

Luckily they make bags for different needs. I have no use for being in "the field", im not a pro, i don't take long treks in the mountains where i need to swap lenses ever 45 seconds. When i go out shooting, i usually pick one lens and go shoot.

So how do you protect your one camera and one lens when you are doing that?

It stays in my hand. I have a wrist strap, if need be i have a sling strap. Im a hobbiest, i don't spend 10 hours in the field, my photography experience isn't like that. I realize some people shoot like that and want different bags ect, it would be nice if those people realized there those of us who don't. All it takes is a peek outside one's bubble.

If you hadn't announced "one bag to rule them all", then perhaps there would have been a different response? Because clearly it isn't. I have several types of bags from a holster type to a large carryall, all depending on where or what I'm shooting and I don't think I've ever spent ten hours out in the field in my life. It's flexibility I require.

Well that bridge has been crossed and the announcement stands. And is valid.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow