How to find model # and Replacing battery for Macbook PRO 15" Late 2011

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bejersey
OP Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 14,306
Re: How to find model # and Replacing battery for Macbook PRO 15" Late 2011

Hi Tom,

To be clear...there is only one battery, the same battery, for all Late 2011 15" Macbook Pros?

Thanks

Rick

Tom_N wrote:

Bejersey wrote:

First, How do I find the Model number of the Mac?

There's no need to find the marketing model. Vendor sites usually display compatibility information in terms of the model name (e.g., "iMac (27-inch, Late 2009") and the model identifier (i.e. "iMac11,1").

For instance, on the Other World Computing site, one finds

Other World Computing – Newer Technology NuPower Replacement Battery for MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Early and Late 2011, Mid-2012

Is this something I can do being technically challenged?

The battery on your MacBook Pro isn't soldered in. That makes things a lot easier than if you had any of the Retina laptops.

The manual for your machine doesn't speak of the battery as being user-replaceable, but it speaks of the hard drive as user-replaceable and the RAM as user-installable. So there are instructions in the manual on how to open and replace the MacBook Pro's cover.

The Other World Computing site has a video on how to install a replacement battery, and I see that that their battery kit includes the Philips and Tri-Lobe screwdrivers that you will need.

Bejersey's gear list:Bejersey's gear list
Leica X (Typ 113) Canon G1 X III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow