en-el15c battery charging

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Diswantsho
Diswantsho Regular Member • Posts: 340
en-el15c battery charging

Hi

I used my old D800 batteries with my Z7 up till now, as I bought it second hand without its original battery.

At the spur of the moment I ordered an en-el15c in October and it suddenly arrived at my door today. Now I am a bit confused when I read about the charger and camera charging cable:

(a) Nikon's site says I must charge it with the MH25a. The shop where I bought the battery, and seemingly most other dealers also mention the MH25, that I still have from my D800. So I want to make sure, is the older charger safe for the new battery?

(b) If I want to charge the battery in camera (I am aware with my camera it must be turned off), both Nikon and online dealers only mention the EH 7P power adapter. Firstly, it seems discontinued: I cannot find a store here in South Africa that has stock, and I notice B&H marked it discontinued, pretty much same with Amazon. Secondly, I want to know if I am limited to this discontinued cable or can I use pretty much any standard cable with the appropriate USB connectors and link to a power bank, my vehicle's usb socket or a generic usb wall plug?

edit: Nikon included a nice "manual" with the battery in several languages, but that only contains warnings and disclaimers.

Thanks.

Diswantsho's gear list:Diswantsho's gear list
Nikon D800E Olympus PEN-F Nikon Z7 +3 more
Nikon D80 Nikon D800 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow