"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 485
Re: "One bag to rule them all....."

Phil A Martin wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

"And in the darkness, bind them".

Ever get tired of your bag not fitting your kit? Yes i know there are some of you who found one that fits, but not me. Seems like every bag was a bit too wide, or too small, or was the right size but the wrong design (i hate backpack designs). And as my kit grows, whichever kit i have, the bag becomes insufficient. Well no more...

For scale, above is the EF 85 1.8 on a Fringer adapter, on an X-S10, not the smallest lens setup. I wanted something with a simplified design, sitting flat and not having 17 different types of compartments, and then big enough to fit anything i will buy in the future. Finally...

The height is about 10" or so, plenty high enough for any lens i will buy. A longer lens can be laid on it's side. I will using the left two columns for lenses, and i will NEVER own 8 lenses + one on the body so it's more than enough. The right side for the body and accessories.

The mesh zipper slide on the hood will be for light stuff like wires, wipe cloth, ect. $75. Im finally done bag shopping, thank you Vanguard.

It looks fine for storing equipment at home or in the boot of a car but looks totally impractical for use in the field. I prefer something like the Billingham bags, I have four, all different sizes depending on the type of cameras I'm carrying and/or the quantity. Top loading reporter style bags, other brands have similar.

Luckily they make bags for different needs. I have no use for being in "the field", im not a pro, i don't take long treks in the mountains where i need to swap lenses ever 45 seconds. When i go out shooting, i usually pick one lens and go shoot.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow