"One bag to rule them all....."

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 489
Re: "One bag to rule them all....."

john isaacs wrote:

This is a divider bag intended to be used as an insert to a hard case. From a practicality standpoint, it's like the old suitcases with a single handle; it has no straps or wheels to help carry it. The external dimensions are 18.9 x 13.6 x 7.6"; internal dimensions lose about an inch all ways around. Clearly not anywhere near the 10" you think you are getting.

Why would i need wheels or straps?

They come in 4 different sizes; this is the third largest.

As i clearly mentioned in another reply when somebody asked me what bag it was.

There are a lot of different makers of this style of insert; a good use is to slip them into a roller bag. But these are of absolutely no use if you are carrying your gear around as you shoot.

This bag has a harder firmer outer shell than any bag i have owned before, it absolutely IS of use carrying my gear around.

The bag I frequently use to carry my Olympus cameras and lenses is the Lowepro Omni Traveler. Long discontinued, it was designed as an all-purpose bag; handles on two sides, robust shoulder strap, robust backpack straps, and fit in a Pelican 1450. That bag will hold two E-M1 mark II/III, 300 f/4, Panasonic 100-400, 40-150 f/2.8, 12-100 f/4, 12-40 f/2.8, MC-14, MC-20, batteries/charger. I put all of my miscellaneous stuff in a shoulder bag (flash, extra batteries, filters, and so on).

As i mentioned, i can't stand backpack designs.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow