XF 50/1 + Snow + Bomani

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 1,150
Re: XF 50/1 + Snow + Bomani

mike lix wrote:

Hi,

last weekend I had a photoshoot with and ´old man´ - Bomani is having his 11th birthday tomorrow, in his life he has had a succesful career in breeding as well as in hunting training. His owner wanted to create some nice reminder on him while he is still healthy, cheerful and active. And now that there´s enough snow outside, it was definitely the right time for a photoshoot.

Once again the XF 50/1 proved to be a great and versatile lens. The ultrafast aperture ensures there is always enough light and the 50mm focal length is just right for wider shots when needed as well as tighter shots and details. It feels like both a standard lens and a tele. I also had the 16/1.4 and 90/2 in my backpack but I didn´t swap lenses once - the temperature was well below freezing point so why bother with superfluous activities.

And here come the shots, I hope you´ll like them.

I do like them, I just worry that he wasn't in the cold too long without a coat or some additional insulation, ie if it was sub-zero? While some short haired dogs are great in the cold and he looks to be a very strong dog, they are not equipped for long periods, especially sub-zero

Like the images and hope he was fine after the photo-shoot

mike

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow